Touch Free Experience-Service Department
Touch-Free Experience - Service Department
CARTER VOLKSWAGEN CORONAVIRUS FAQS
During these uncertain times, we know that you must have a lot of questions. At Carter Volkswagen, we’re trying to answer as many as we can to help keep you informed of your car-buying and -servicing options. We hope you’ll find this information about how we’re operating during the COVID-19 outbreak useful. If there’s anything we can help you with, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at your earliest convenience.
IS CARTER VOLKSWAGEN OPEN RIGHT NOW?
Yes, Carter Volkswagen is open right now! At this time, you’re still welcome to visit us at our Volkswagen dealership in Ballard. If you choose to visit us, please know that all of us at Carter Volkswagen consider the health and safety of our customers and employees a top priority. Therefore, we have new practices and sanitation measures in place so you can feel confident in our environment.
ARE CAR DEALERSHIPS ESSENTIAL IN WASHINGTON?
Since auto repair shops are essential businesses in Washington, Carter Volkswagen is open and accepting service appointments right now. Our Seattle service centers are fully staffed and ready to tend to all your routine and critical auto repair essentials.
IS CARTER VOLKSWAGEN OPEN FOR SERVICE?
Yes, Carter Volkswagen is open for service. Auto repair shops are essential businesses, so we will continue to remain open unless instructed differently by authorities. Whether your check engine light is on or you simply want to take care of routine maintenance, you can trust our service center in Seattle for reliable auto repairs nearby. We can take care of oil changes, brake repairs, battery replacements and more! Plus, we’re making it easier than ever to get the quality car repairs you need because we’ll come to you. We’re currently offering service pick-up and delivery if you’d prefer that we come to you and to allow for safe social distancing. If you’d prefer to drop off your vehicle for service and take advantage of a full-sanitized courtesy vehicle, know that we offer a virtually Touch-Free Experience.
DOES CARTER VOLKSWAGEN DELIVER?
Yes, Carter Volkswagen is happy to deliver to you with our Carter Service Concierge Program. You may schedule a complimentary pick-up and delivery of your vehicle directly to your home. Appointment dates and times based on staff availability and some restrictions may apply. Follow up with our Service staff to schedule.
WHAT ARE THE NEW CARTER VOLKSWAGEN SANITATION MEASURES?
Here at Carter Volkswagen, there’s nothing more important to us than the health and safety of our customers and employees. In addition to our regular cleaning schedule, we are taking steps to protect our community, including:
- Increasing the number of times our dealership is cleaned daily.
- Sanitizing high-touch areas frequently, including door handles, chairs, desks and phones.
- Disinfecting our vehicles before and after test-drives, including high-touch areas like door handles, key fobs, steering wheels, and gear shifts.
- Ensuring that all our employees are washing their hands frequently and using hand sanitizer in between washings.
- Instructing any employee who does not feel well or is experiencing symptoms to stay home from work and encouraging customers who do not feel well to reschedule their appointments or speak with us remotely.
- Postponing any business-related travel, including meetings and vendor visits.
HOW SHOULD I CLEAN MY CAR TO PREVENT CORONAVIRUS?
If you’re using your car for errands like grocery store runs or any other purpose, it’s important to sanitize it frequently to prevent the spread of coronavirus. Not sure how to disinfect your car? We recommend the following measures:
- Wash your hands; put on disposable gloves (if available) before you begin sanitizing your car.
- Use mild dish soap or other common household disinfectants to scrub high-touch areas like the dashboard, steering wheel, touchscreens, and door handles.
- If you have space and supplies, consider keeping disinfecting wipes in your car for more frequent wipe downs.
- Not sure how to clean leather seats in a car? You can use any type of leather cleaner. Be sure to use a microfiber cloth to avoid scratching the leather!
Please contact Carter Volkswagen if you have any other questions about the best practices we have in place to combat coronavirus, or about the services we can offer you during this pandemic. We’re committed to serving the community any way we can!